Saturday, September 12, 2009

reach out and shake a hand, make a friend today

we were standing in the Charlottetown airport after an exhausting week
Evie was 9 months old and we were facing a 9 hour flight back home
the week was wearying to say the least and we were ready to leave
when we recognized some familiar faces from Calgary
Jerm went to university and had previously worked at the same company as him
we had met his girlfriend a few times and so were well acquainted with them
they proceeded to whip out their new ipod touch and show us pictures of
the quaint bed and breakfast tour they took of the island
stopping at all the finest restaurants
and indulging in the peaceful beauty of PEI
I felt a drip on my foot
she paused and looked at me and said
'your baby is leaking'
my mind blanked and then I said what I could only assume was the best combination of what would be considered acceptable and humorous.
'oh she does this all time, he he he'
cue strange look
and a polite goodbye

1 comment:

~m said...

just 'cause i haven't been commenting doesn't mean i haven't been reading and enjoying :) please keep posting. we ghosts like to have something to haunt...