Wednesday, October 01, 2008

call the coast guard

so Evie and I went swimming today.
We try to go swimming every week, there is a parent and tot cheep swim at Cardel Place which is by our house. Normally it is $11 to swim and Evie is free, but on parent and tot day (mon. and wed. mornings) I am free and Evie is $3.75. Cheaper is better.
Lar and Selah come with us every week too.
Evie is a strange little girl, she has absolutely no fear of the water she will just wade in until it is over her head and then try and sit down. When I yank her out she smiles and laughs and thinks it is a game. So she does it over and over. She also jumps off the edge into the water and goes under every time, she loves it and sits on the edge smiling and babbling to herself until I pull her off and into the water she goes again.
Apparently when I was 2 I jumped into a hotel pool by myself. I had no fear of the water. I was alright and this did not deter me from loving swimming. (I used to be a lifeguard) I have this image of an underwater pool light and I think that it stems from this incident. It must be my first memory.
Well it is good to know Evie has inherited my love for swimming hopefully she will be good at it. I have tried to teach Jerm to swim for about 8 years now and he just sinks (literally, he can't get the strokes and can't blow water out under the water, he come up sputtering every time) he tries hard but I have given up on him. I will turn my attention to our offspring to make sure they survive any water related disasters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PREPARE FOR THE COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,N NNB MM HMMM MY M STUCK.

PREPARE FOR THE COMMING ALBERTA TSUNAMI.

MALCOLM THE NABOB

Anonymous said...

My swimming skills sound strangely like Jerem's! :) Mal has tried to teach me to float on my back, and i just keep sinking, just can't quite let go and relax. grr