Saturday, March 22, 2008

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they eat their chicken

Yesterday was the Good Friday service. Its really hard to be contempletive during communion with a five month old on your lap. The catchline for the sermon was 'it is friday but sunday is coming. ' It was repeated about oh lets say... 36 times. I know that the pre-teen boys behind us really enjoyed it because they kept whispering among themselves 'alright its friday we know already...oh and sundays commin' It made me laugh. All in all it was a beautiful morning. I love coming home and feeling like I belong. I love knowing that there are more than at least 15 people in the congregation I related to in some way or another. I love being known. I love home.
The other thing I was thinking about was that although 'it is friday but sunday is coming' I thought there is beauty is just sitting in friday. Its friday, be still and understand what friday is all about.
It is also difficult to do that with a five month old.
I guess my contepetive life will just have to wait a little while.
which makes my heart hurt.

No comments: